What are the benefits of foot reflexology?
“Reflexology helps by increasing blood flow through the body, which helps to decrease stress and anxiety and lower blood pressure. When you feel less stress and less anxious, it’s easy to feel relaxed.”
What are the risks of reflexology?
- circulatory problems of the feet.
- inflammation or blood clots in the leg veins.
- foot ulcers.
- fungal conditions of the feet such as athlete’s foot.
- thyroid problems.
- a low platelet count, which means you may bruise or bleed more easily.
What can I expect after reflexology?
Different reactions following the reflexology session are normal. You may experience increased energy, relief from pain or other symptoms, tiredness, increased mucus, enhanced sleep, and heightened emotions. Reflexology feels different to each person.
Why does reflexology hurt so much?
Reflexology will often hurt when the congested reflex areas are treated and in no way resembles a foot massage. As the condition improves with several reflexology sessions, so will the soreness on the corresponding reflexes.
Why does reflexology make you cry?
Why do we feel emotional after a massage? The Branch Director of the Utah College of Massage Therapy labels crying as “a pretty normal response to massage”. It appears when we cleanse our bodies and allow ourselves to enjoy the relaxation that comes from massage, it disrupts something, in some way.
Why you should massage your feet every night?
A soothing and relaxing foot massage improves the blood circulation. This helps in getting a peaceful sleep. Relieves body pains: This is the best part of reflexology.
How do you relieve pressure points in your feet?
Foot massage for general pain
- Sit in a comfortable chair or on a sofa.
- Place a golf or tennis ball on the floor, just under your foot.
- Roll the ball around with your foot until you find a sensitive spot, or pressure point.
- Press down with your foot just enough to feel the point soften.
- Hold for 3 to 5 minutes.