Can a chiropractor help with groin pain?
What Are the Options for Treating Groin Strain? Groin strains are commonly treated at Lehigh Valley Chiropractic. Depending on the extent of the injury, you will be provided with a treatment plan that will include Active Release Technique (ART), myofascial release, kinesiotaping, ultrasound and therapeutic exercise.
Can a chiropractor help with hip pain?
Chiropractic care can also help alleviate hip pain. After determining the source of your hip pain, your chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan that may include chiropractic adjustments, massage, exercise therapy and stretching.
Can misaligned hips cause groin pain?
Groin pain is often a sign of problems within the hip joint. Pain within the hip joint is most often, but not always, experienced in the groin. Pain over the outside of the hip is usually not caused by a hip joint problem and is more commonly related to hip bursitis or a pinched nerve in the back.
How do you release a trapped nerve in your groin?
- Rest. You may find that certain seated positions or activities that cause you to twist or lift make your pinched nerve worse. …
- Ice and heat. Applying ice or heat for 20 minutes a few times a day may reduce pain and muscle spasms.
- Frequent movement. …
- Sleeping position modifications.
Should I see a doctor or chiropractor for hip pain?
Although hip pain is frequently the result of osteoarthritis or injury, it can also be a sign of other health conditions. A doctor of chiropractic can help you identify the source of your hip pain and develop a tailored treatment plan for your symptoms.
How do you stretch out a sore hip?
2. Kneeling hip flexor stretch
- Kneel on your right knee.
- Put your left foot on the floor with your left knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Drive your hip forward. Maintaining a straight back, lean your torso forward.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 5 times with each leg, trying to increase your stretch each time.
When should I worry about groin pain?
Seek immediate medical attention if you have:
Groin pain associated with back, abdomen or chest pain. Sudden, severe testicle pain. Testicle pain and swelling accompanied by nausea, vomiting, fever, chills or blood in the urine.
What causes your hips to be out of alignment?
The main reasons for uneven hips are: scoliosis, which can be mild to severe and change over time. a difference in leg length that comes from posture and stance, which is functional rather than physical. a physical, or structural, difference in the lengths of your legs.
Can a chiropractor fix uneven hips?
Chiropractic is a great first option for people suffering from hip pain and other problems related to misaligned hips. It’s conservative, non-invasive, and gradual. Through Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) techniques focused on rebalancing the body, chiropractors may help reposition the hips.